I Need Help And Am At The End of My RopeFri, Jun 11th 2010
After having had several surgeries, I have become addicted to Lortab. I have had 8 years of college, come from a great family, and no one knows about the problem except my immediate family. I recently told them about the problem and admitted myself to a 2-week rehab program where I was able to detox and receive counseling. My family has been very supportive, but they expect me to be "well" now.
Disgustingly, I have started to use again. I can't believe it myself. I can't let my family know. I want to "nip it in the bud" now. I have been able to keep this a secret from work. I am a teacher, and need help without it interfering with this. I was told there is an outpatient program in Pensacola, FL where I can receive detox meds and detox on my own. Is this true? Please help me....I don't know where else to turn, and I am becoming dangerously depressed. Thank you, Lucy
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.