StalkedSat, Apr 30th 2005
I am a 43 yr. old woman who is being stalked/harassed by a religious zealot. This has been going on for over 2 months. In the beginning the guy just showed up at my home. We were polite but said no thank-you. He has been by my home so many times, as many as 3 times a day some days, at 6 am, at lunch, at 11 pm. We told the man if he did not stop we would call the police. Have called the police, they have been to his home to speak to him 3 times, to no avail. Had him arrested this week, his bond states for him to not come back or will stay in jail until hearing in June. Yes, he was back at 6 am next day. Police are now looking for him. I am a nervous wreck. The man says God is talking to him about my family. Says my husband is in religious jeopardy because of me, but that he is not afraid of me. Says it is a heavy burden and he is tortured. I think the guy is crazy and needs a psych evaluation. Police suggested I call his family, guess they are nuts too. I do not know where this guy came from, have never seen him before all of this started. He is clean cut, late 20's, uneducated and ignorant. I am very concerned about this situation and am wondering how dangerous the situation might be. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. P.S. - have never discussed anything with this man, most I have ever said to him was that religion was a personal matter abd I would not discuss it with him, oh, have told him to vacate my property many, many times. Thank you for your time
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.