I was emotionally abused as a child. I met my husband as a teenager and we very much in Love, it was the first time I had felt Love in my life.
Now after almost 30 years together and many problems in our marriage, he truly believes I never Loved Him and in Fact Hated Him. He thinks I am an manipulative person who at age 15 set out to destroy him emotionally and physically. I thought I loved him and somehow did not realize what I was doing.
I began to emotionally ignored him and never thanked him for gift he showered on me and would say I do not deserve it. He knew I was abused and when he tried to address issues he backed away because I looked weak.
I know I need help but Please tell me could and would I still love him while abusing him.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.