Question is based on the posting to be found at the following URL:
Does that mean that I should switch therapists, then? Because the one I've been seeing has hit on me! Though I do find him attractive (very much so, truth be told). I always seemed to manage to put that aside as I have a couple of issues that I feel really need work....plus, I'm a married woman (part of what I've been seeing him for, as...well, let's just say there's 'trouble in paradise'...I have some unmet needs, etc.). I don't know how it happened, but he kissed me.....and I kissed back! And though it shames me to admit it, was HOT! I guess he was attracted to me too? Because, even though I was completely open and honest w/him, I did NOT flirt (if I ever flirt with you, trust me, YOU'LL KNOW *lol*) I don't know how to go back without the fear of things being awkward now...And I am afraid of how he feels. Does he regret it? I can't believe I'm saying this, but part of me doesn't want him to.... Maybe I should change therapists, as I can see now this is now become WAY too complicated than it oughtta be...Thanks for letting me vent!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.