I was bullied and physically manhandled by my stepfather over 6 months ago so i left that night and have never returned to the house where my mother still lives. My narcissistic father has constantly tried to contact me and i have changed my mobile number twice so i don't have any contact with him. I am studying at University (Children's Services and Behavioural management) i wonder why?? But have had lots of anxiety since the situation with my stepfather. I fear seeing him at the shopping centre and found myself in a cold sweat when i saw his car at the supermarket the other day. Will he ever leave me alone or do i have to get a restraining order on him which would be very hard on my mother who i love very much. What should i do and how can i stand up to this man??
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.