Dad will shoot through hoops.Mon, Jun 4th 2007
My question is how to break a 10 year old boy from sleeping with his dad and 7 year old brother. You see I am about to commit to living with this wonderful man(father). I love him with all of my heart. I have been patient with this problem for the past year or so seeing as we both come from failed relationships and feeling for the children. I took 6 months to get enough courage to draw this to dad\'s attention and tell him this bothers me alot. He has talked with his oldest and put in an effort to correct the problem, but that has since went by the way side. I still sleep alone when we have the children. This child is so demanding and clingy I can hardly speak with my partner privately at any time, day or night. This child experienced divorced parents 5 years ago. Could that play any role in his insecurity? Help I am in love and still lonely.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.