I'm 16 years old, female! I have been house- bound for 18 months as I have an anxiety disorder. I suffer from depression also but i usually have depression for a few months then anxiety! I have attempted suicide and used to self harm! I need some advice as I am too ashamed and scared to try and explain this to my doctor or psychologist! I can't talk to ANYONE about this! Something is wrong! I'm terrified that I will do something sexually inappropriate! I'm scared that I will touch people in a way I shouldn't. I have felt this around many people! I feel uncomfortable when I'm physically close to people! Especially males! I have no desire to touch people or anything but I'm scared that I'm going to do it! I feel like I'm perverted or something! I have felt like this with strangers, friends and even family! It's like I'm scared that I will just touch them in private places or kiss them! What is wrong with me????
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.