Pregnant with A Mental IllnessThu, Aug 27th 2009
My daughter is pregnant and in a psychiatric hospital and only able to take Seroquel. She is sick and she can't stay at the hospital and there are no group homes in our town. I am raising her daughter who is 10 and I am 60. I can't raise this child. I can't have my daughter living ini my home while she is psychotic. Where can she go so she can be cared for while she is pregnant? She wants to keep the baby, but she is not fit to raise a child as proven by her behavior with my grandaughter. Are there any religious anti abortionists who take in people with this problem. Human services plan to take the child when it is born. During the last pregnancy my daughter had severe post partum depression and became psychotic. She went in and out of the state hospital 5 times. My daughter is easy prey.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.